Friday 29 June 2012

Wise Words


The King blues are one of my very favourite bands, and their lyrics always resonate with me. I’ve always been a bit of a lotions and potions fan, and whilst I don’t think there is anything wrong with this, sometimes it’s nice to be reminded that I will always be much more than what is on the outside. So I thought I’d share <3 

The first time I heard this poem live, I got shivers. Here’s an extract, but click on here to hear the rest.

“I ain't afraid to say 
I think that women are beautiful and strong 
Too fat, too thin that's just media spin 
You look best when you're comfortable in your own skin 
So I'm sorry if you feel undue 
If the truth be known I'm in awe of you 
You're a giver of life and a warrior too 
So do you really need five different bottles of shampoo?”

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment, and for reading More Than Just a Head Full of Dinosaurs. x